Friday, December 10, 2010

Friday and a New Fun Holiday Craft Idea

It has been a busy week for me.  So while I planned on getting more craft ideas up this week, here it is Friday again already, and I haven't posted since Monday. 
Here is my latest craft idea, that will be given away as homemade gifts to family and friends for Christmas.
They are fun and easy to make, and the supplies don't cost much either. 
I actually had all of the supplies on hand to make these.

Today I will show you how to make :Pinecone reindeer.



You need:
small pinecones (mine are about 2- 2 1/2 inches long)
tiny poms (red or black/brown)
brown pipe cleaners
google eyes (small ones)
floss or thread
glue and scissors



First I took the pinecones and glued a tiny pom to the tip of the pinecone.  Then chose the best spot to glue on the two eyes.  You want to make sure that in the center of the top there is a nice part of the pinecone to stick the antlers underneath.

I did a step by step of how I folded the pipecleaners to make the antlers so here it is:

First, fold the pipe cleaner in half.  Then fold each end toward the middle, like the two pipecleaners pictured below:
Then twist the ends to make them stay around the center, and then fold the looped part over in half.  It doesn't have to be equal halves.   Then twist the smaller of the halves together, like the bottom of the two pictured below.

After you have twisted the first half, fold the pipecleaner again on the remaining side and then twist each of those halves together:
adjust the "antlers so they look how you want them to.
Then take a piece of string about 5-6 inches long and tie it togther and then to the center of the antlers:


Take some glue and I used a toothpick, to put it into the crevice of the pinecone at the back of the pinecone.  Then slide the center of the antlers in, with the string.







Let glue dry and hang on Christmas tree!



I hope you have fun making this craft, if you have any questions at all please feel free to contact me.

                          Have a great weekend and HAPPY CRAFTING!!

No comments:

Post a Comment