Thursday, December 2, 2010

A Holiday Craft to Start Off My Blog

Hi, my name is Amanda, I have two young children and I love doing crafts with them.  That is why I decided to start this blog, to share some of my crafty family friendly ideas with everyone else. 

So to start out since Christmas is coming up my first craft I will share is the Pinecone Christmas tree.




 Things you will need for this craft:
pine cones
felt
poms
pop bottle tops
glue and scissors
glitter is optional

First cut circles out of the felt, big enough to wrap around the bottle tops.  put a dab of glue in the center of the felt, wrap around and fill the bottle cap with glue.


Place pinecone bottom into the glue and let set.
*Note* We used hot glue for this project, but you don't have to, it just sets faster, so that is why we chose it for this project.  If you use hot glue, please use caution with children*

Once pinecone tree is set to its base, you can begin to glue the poms on.   Place glue in various spots and set poms in place, then you can put one on top as the star.  I also had some tiny candy canes on hand so we put a few of those on the trees.  You can glitter the trees too if you would like.  Just brush a thin layer of glue over the pinecone and shake glitter over the tree. 
Unfortunately when we did this craft I did not take step-by-step photos, so please if you have any questions about this craft, feel free to contact me.    We made out Christmas Trees to give to family for Christmas presents!  I hope you enjoy making this craft!
     Thanks for reading my blog, and please watch for more family friendly craft ideas and homemade holiday gift ideas coming soon!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment